The Lead Up

 Lead up. Lead up to what you say? Well-great question! It is here I hope to write, continuously, over the course of next year, 2023. Just a mere four days away. My goals? I have lots of them, not that anyone ever knows about them, nor am I ever really checking them off my perpetual list. Lists in my head, not on paper. I'd have lost that by now! Some would say I've lost my mind...but I digress...

As a full time stay at home mom for 14 years, I went back to work part time, into the classroom I swore I'd never return to...and taught preschool three days a week. While doing so, I realized I actually do love it and did miss it! Lightbulb moment came and I knew the classroom was where I belonged. Fast forward to the current school year, and I am now in the classroom full time, M-F until 3:15 pm.

And I'm exhausted!

And overweight.

Scatter brained.

Easily distracted.

Squirrel!

Just to name a few. I'm a 42 year old mom to three teenagers(tell me about it), a wife to my husband of soon to be 20 years(and soon to be together 26 years), and now, officially a *former* lose-all-the-sleep-make-no-money cookie decorator.

2023 is going to be my year. Year of what, I'm not entirely sure. Since self diagnosing myself with ADHD at the young age of 40-ish, I realize all my little quirks and what not's are there for a reason. And not to just drive myself, my kids, or my husband crazy! With this upcoming year, I'm hoping to put cookie decorating behind, leave more time for myself-that does not involve finger scrolling on an iPhone, ditch my second boyfriend Coca-Cola, and make feeble attempts at becoming healthier in the process.

As they say-life's a journey-let's see where this takes me!

Hopefully not straight to 2024.... ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now What?

Time Flies