Now What?

 Alright. It's been a week. Don't let the date fool you. I wrote that first post a week ago, on word press, and was totally inept on how to continue with more posts, that I left and came to blogger. When all else fails, jump ship? 

So here we are four days into a new year. And here I sit, hoping it's a new year with a new me. But FOR me. Not anyone else. I'd like to say I'll write daily, but if you know me, you know I'll be lucky to write monthly..... This year I am hoping to make a few changes in my personal life, and at the end of the year, be able to look back and say, "I did it!" First up, was finding a new drink of choice. I was always a milk drinker. Loved my milk growing up. I have many memories of not being able to sleep at night...walk slowly through the darkened living room, through the dining room and into the kitchen. I'd open the fridge door, pray it didn't creak and wake my parents who's bedroom was 10 feet from where I was standing. There, I'd grab the gallon of milk, take a swig, try to keep my eyes closed to keep me...tired?...put the cap back on and close the door, and then tip toe back to my bedroom. For whatever reason,  I felt that sip of milk, that I tended to keep sitting in my mouth until I reached my bedroom, lest the effect of it wear off mid stride, helped me fall faster asleep. Then as I got older, I drank less milk. Somewhere along the way between childhood and adult hood/parent hood, Coca-Cola became my drink of choice. It wasn't on the daily, or even weekly. However, over the course of the last few months of 2022, I noticed it was more than just daily. More than twice daily. If I did the math, it would sometimes mean 3 or even four soda's that DAY! I remember reading articles about obesity and how some mentioned the amount of soda that would drink and think "that is just crazy talk!" And then, I realized-I was becoming someone who did the same thing. Sometimes I enjoyed it, other times it had no flavor. Oh a hot day, or when I was extremely parched, nothing quenched it like an ice cold coke from McDonald's. Wait. Maybe McDonald's is the reason. Yeah. That's it. Them and their $1 ANY SIZE FOUNTAIN DRINK! It's all their fault! Maybe there's a lawsuit in this.... 

I kid. Soda be damned! I mean...banned! So here we are, four days into the new year, and I'm a full two days into.. no soda. Easy? Ya. Pretty much. Oddly I can stop on a dime. But until I'm ready-forget it! So day two of no soda, no latte's, and fasting! I mean, go big or go home, right? Fasting is "easy" for me during the work week. This is why I'm only two days into this new me nonsense vs four days because-well-I was home surrounded by all the food. All the coke. All the candy. 

So on Tuesday, I ripped off the band-aid! I filled up a large cup with ice and water and headed to work. I took a right out of my driveway instead a left to Starbucks. I fasted for 18.5 hours from 9 pm the previous night until 3:30 pm on Tuesday. Wednesday, today, was more of the same. We are making feeble attempts at making more dinners at home-more well rounded ones-and so far, I'm 2 for 2 on cooking at home! I need to find a happy medium between quick/easy and healthy. Chicken parm and pasta the first night, grilled cheese and tomato soup the next. It's all about balance, right? 

Now, if Santa could have just taken back all this candy and sweets to the North Pole, I'd be kicking the ass of 2023 already! 

Til tomorrow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lead Up

Time Flies